Call for an appointment today! (903) 892-1999
Arthritis, often associated with aging, is an inflammatory condition affecting the joints. This inflammation leads to symptoms such as pain, swelling, stiffness, and restricted mobility. It’s a prevalent ailment with various forms, the most common being osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Apart from age, several other factors can contribute to the development of arthritis. These include gender (with women being more susceptible), obesity, previous joint injuries, and a genetic predisposition towards the condition.
Relief from Arthritis Pain in North Dallas, TX
Joints are cushioned by cartilage – a flexible, rubbery substance that enables smooth movement by preventing the ends of bones from rubbing together. Over time, or due to injury, this cartilage can deteriorate, leading to bone-on-bone contact. The ensuing friction can cause the formation of bone spurs and result in joint stiffness after prolonged periods of activity or inactivity. At the Dallas Pain Institute, our arthritis pain doctors in Dallas, TX are equipped to provide solutions for your arthritis-related discomfort.
Various forms of arthritic conditions include:
- Osteoarthritis – often referred to as “wear and tear” arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or degenerative arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – an inflammatory type of arthritis that occurs when the body’s immune system malfunctions.
- Gout – caused by crystal accumulation in the joints.
- Psoriatic arthritis – a condition similar to rheumatoid arthritis, characterized by joint inflammation and skin discoloration or scaly plaques.
- Septic arthritis – also known as infectious or bacterial arthritis, caused by joint inflammation due to infection.
Arthritis Specialists in North Dallas, TX
We have pain management clinics in North Dallas including Sherman, Rowlett, Greenville & Forney, TX
Fortunately, a broad spectrum of treatment options exists for managing arthritis. Reach out to Dallas Pain Institute today—our rheumatologist will help you explore potential avenues to alleviate arthritis pain! Our arthritis specialists in Dallas, TX are committed to helping you achieve lasting pain relief.